Tuesday 19 May 2020

New Ski & Submarine video

Hi folks,

Stuart Feldhamer and his wife made another new video of Ski & Submarine, you can watch it here:


It's so fun to see a couple playing the OdySim! ;)

Also, i have recently updated many files on my Archive account, especially the "Magnavox Odyssey Archive". You can check out anything i have put there and download what you want or all in one file.

Just click on the link: https://archive.org/details/odyssey-archive

I have uploaded all what is contained in the Odyssey box (manual, cards, tokens, paperworks, etc) and also "free" games, some extra games like Soccer and Percepts, the Shooting gallery manual (thanks to ManCaveArcade), patents, many clones manuals (missing only the GBC Odissea and Kanal 34), Odyssey box scan, Apex Blue Card and manuals...and the Videojuel instruction manual.

Still haven't finished scanning so check it out from time to time for updates.

I will do a review very soon of "Hunting Adventure" as i received the game a few days ago and later on (once i received it), a review of Game Pack #2 from Vibrant Media Labs.

I have received many issues (mostly small issues) concerning a lot of games and some suggestions from Stuart and JDGP030302 that it will take some time before i can go thru all of them. I was scanning like a madman during a few days and i'm trying to finish my game room setup in the meantime and also, trying to repair an tabletop arcade called "Golden Poker Double Up" as all the letters and some sprites are reversed (that's another story for my MAME/MESS blog).

So until next, take care folks! :)

- Sly -

3 comments:

JDGP030302 said...

I don't have checked the link, but just reading the idea of more scans makes me think it is a very good one! In THE Internet Archive. But, have you uploaded, raster, natural scans of the overlays and game boards? That is basically the first thing on my list of Odyssey related things to download.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sly, first of all, thanks for all your work on OdySim.

I found out about the individual executable files and tried to run them as I'm looking to play them with a front-end, however I get an error with all of them:

https://i.imgur.com/bikZL7F.png

Do you have any idea about what's wrong here?

Running Windows 10 x64

Thanks.

John said...

Hi!

First of all, thank you for EVERYTHING!

Now a suggestion: you could make the light brighter, to be more "magic", like the real console! Like "burning brighter, since is one of the things that defined Odyssey!"

:) Thank you once again!!!