Monday 29 October 2018

Blogger should be called Bugger...sigh!

Hi folks,

I'm having again problem with Blogger as i'm trying to reply to any of you and seems my old problem for replying has come back (to haunt me...especially at this time of year..Ha!)

So let start with my friend CN10: On October 29, 2018, you wrote:

Great game, Thanks to you and your daughter (spoiler alert --although I will now be traumatized upon seeing sweet tarts in the future)! Double thanks again for this and and the Haunted House shooting gallery!

My reply: Thanks very much Brian! Looks like you've found my little "bonus" i presume ? That idea comes from my daughter when she was watching some videos on Youtube and she doesn't even knows about it (you've found it before her, congrats!)

And no problem for the HH shooter, this was bound to happen sooner or later as i also think it's more appropriate as a shooter game than a wanna-be board game. Glad you like both games! =)

On June 30, 2018, CN10 posted this:

First, again all hail to Sly DC for inventing the OdySim. Like in the latest Avengers movie there’s the Infinity Stones. In retro gaming it’s similar. You had MAME, MESS, DICE and Visual Pinball. But no one had really simulated the Magnavox Odyssey. Our friend Sly finally brought balance to the retro-universe with the OdySim gem. (The next stone IMHO would be and electro mechanical simulator, like visual pinball, but would be an open editor for all the coin-op rifle, combat, and novelty games that dominated arcades form the mid 50’s thru mid-70’s. Hint Hint. Like you have nothing else to do except act on my suggestions.)) Seriously Brother, I hope your feeling back to your old self, after all you’ve been through.

 Next, the Odyssey 500 Overlay, is an awesome idea, since it is such a standout in the Odyssey series ,as you point out on you tube.

 Next I don’t know what to say about the 80’s retro games. It’s like an MC Eschar painting where you can’t really reconcile what you’re seeing. It’s a mind-numbing juxtaposition of two different era’s. The Space Invaders screen shot looks stunning and electrifying. I will try playtesting these games, to make possible house rule suggestions, but it could be overwhelming to my psyche!

 Finally I would humbly make two simple requests for this Autumn; First take one of the other rifle games, and put in the Haunted House as the overlay. You wouldn’t even have to make new rules and it would be a better game than original 1972, which was horror-survival in the sense of “Why is this game more of a drag than filling out my tax return?” Second, you could take Santa’s Gift Hunt and replace the graphics with some Family friendly Haunted house clip art (or graphics from the game), and keep the same rules. This would also be better than the original flaming pile of ---- game. (Sorry to keep coming back to this general idea. At this point you probably don’t need to be a Sigmoid Freud to figure out one my great child hood disappointments. When described to me, I envisioned the Odyssey Haunted House game as looking and playing like the later invented Epoch’s handheld LCD Monster Panic. Sadly, not even close!) Also in my opinion, the Santa Gifts game is the still most genuinely playable Odyssey game in current existence (apart from “States,” because nothing’s more exciting than shining a penlight behind the page of a Rand-Mcnally atlas.)

So Sly, Thanks again for all the Retro Gaming goodness, and we’ll wait and see what happens next. (and sorry for this lengthy post.)

My reply: WOW!!! It's me who's thanking you to have written all those wonderful and kind words. I'm seriously touched! (snif!).

Doing simulators of old electro-mechanical arcades was , well in fact, still is in my mind but my main problem is "time", well for now anyway. I also intend one day doing electronic handhelds but the MAME/MESS team is already on it so let's see what will they bring out.

After the OdySim, i intend to simulate as many "Discrete Logic" game console as i can. I've already done a simulator of the Entex Gameroom Tele-Pong which is posted on my other blog "LOVEMESS". But first thing first, i'm trying my best to finish the OdySim before attending any other simulators.

And thanks for the Odyssey 500, i thought it would be more fun on the OdySim (talk about simulation on a simulator...LOL!! And about the "Arcade Pack", i know it's pretty weird as it's like playing Mortal Kombat on an Atari 2600 but some people wrote to me that i'd do a real Frogger overlay and really want one (thanks to all!) but i'm not doing this for the money, just plain old fun!

But if someone want to print one for themselves, then i have no problem with that, as long there's no money involved in any way. As for for your two request, they have been fulfilled my friend!

On May 25, 2018, Pau Batet Martinez wrote that he would like for the OdySim to be able to boot in a 640x480 resolution. Well, you are not the first to ask me this...in fact, are all the persons the one and the same ? Hum...Sorry to repeat myself but even as now, i still don't know how to boot in a 640x480 resolution without any problems. The only solution i have for now if to find a PC monitor (or arcade monitor) that has the 800x600 resolution as this is the default resolution, ;)

On October 11, 2018, CN10 wrote that the read-me.txt file for Spot Hunter isn't working. Well in any case, you can view it or download it right here: OdySim-SpotHunter-ReadMe.txt

On May 21, 2018: Zadoc wrote that there is a bug with Red vs. Blue as the last player to touch the ball has control over the ball. This is quite so true in Tennis, Table Tennis and many others but for any game that uses Cart #8 or #11, it is the direction of the ball that decides which player has control of the English. If the ball goes in the right direction, then it's Player 1 who has control of the English and when the ball goes in the left direction, it's the Player 2 who has control.

And to all the others that posted comments: Thanks very much for the kind words and support! It's always appreciated! =)

So until next time, take care and keep in touch! (and also have a Happy Halloween!) =)


3 comments:

tango3d said...

Thanks for everything! Your work is Excellent! and thanks for the last game of Halloween !, I also had problems, I commented several post yours but I could never see my comments, I hope this comes out, I would love you to continue with your work, I do not understand much how you do the games, not really I understand nothing but I enjoy them and I wanted to thank you for that!
I am eager to see Baseball, Brain Wave, Interplanetary Voyage, Invasion, WIN and Wipeout that are missing from the original collection, I wish I could help you but I do not know how, thank you very much for your work and this space! Happy Halloween!
Ps: Sorry for my bad english!

Sly DC said...

Hi Gammer Gammer!

First, thank you very much for the kind words! Your English is very good, are you using a translator before posting ?

All the games are written in LUA with the LÖVE engine (https://love2d.org/) if you and others wanted to know. The six games you mention will be available soon, but how soon that still depends on my spare time. I'm trying to released all those six games before the end of this year so that all original released games will be finally done!

And thanks again for the kind words and that you like the OdySim! =)

Anonymous said...

Do you know that there are readers who love to read your posts everyday? So please write and post more. I choose to follow your writing because they bring me what I want. They have knowledge and information. I will support you a lot. Thanks!!!

Relax with my games, guys: Supra Racing Speed Turbo Drift hot racing game or Abcya.win | Miniclipgames.games
Visit my web site: Zoxy game blog | Y8 game blog