Saturday 17 February 2018

New release: Red Vs Blue!

Hi folks!

I "FINALLY" finish a new game for the OdySim after more than a year! The game "Red vs Blue" was supposed to be released about the same date last year but with many things that happened during 2017, i wasn't able to update or release anything.

So here's a screenshot of the game:


This game was created by Robert A. Vinciguerra, which is also known as Rev.Rob or Zodac or ZodacPaet and was included with Odball Limited Edition as a bonus/free game. The game can use either cartridge #8 or the unreleased #11 (but this cartridge is included with Odball & Odball L.E.) but in this simulator, i'm using cart #8. "Red Vs Blue" is in fact a handball game with restricted zones, simple as that. So in short, it's Handball with a twist.

To download this game and also any previous releases, all released games can be now downloaded on Archive.Org right here: https://archive.org/download/OdySim

Also, it took me time to reinstate all the source codes as i had multiple hard disk failures during 2017 but everything are back-up (more than 8 gigs!). So as February 17, 2018, there's only 4 original released games to do (Wipeout, Brainwave, Interplanetary Voyage and W.I.N) plus one European & South America exclusive release (Soccer, in fact x2 different overlays) and some homebrews like Odball, Odyssey Evil, ect...and finally, 2 original games that i can't finish until i have all the material: Baseball & Invasion.

Oh and in the meantime, i will also release some homebrews i've made (15 in all).

And before i finish this post, i will try to write down every bugs & suggestions that all of you made during 2017 and try too add/correct very soon. So keep sending comments, suggestions, bugs, etc so this simulator can be improved over time!

Have fun playing this new release! =)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant, I'm so glad this project is still active as it is the only way most of us will experience first generation gaming. Hope you manage to obtain the missing resources and complete the project.
All the best and thank you !

Unknown said...

Hi, I have found your simulator yesterday and I see that you have done a great work, thanks. Just a question: could you do something with the windows xp compatibility? I have tested the simulator on my PC with windows 7 and works fine, the problem comes when I tested it on RetrOS (based on Windows Xp) for my Multivideoconsole...only works with 256 colors and to see it this way it´s horrible. I´m using Mala Frontend to call emulators, is it possible to do a version of the simulator with windows menu where games are opened like roms in other videoconsoles emulators so I can put every cartridge separated on Mala FE? If nothing of this is possible...thanks anyway (this videoconsole it´s the only that I wanted to put on my Multivideoconsole that I couldn´t put on it) Great Job!!

Unknown said...

Today I have excuted the simulator and works fine!! I don´t understand what happened but now I have it working on my multivideoconsole. Thank u very much, awesome work!!

Derf said...

By the way, it's Zadoc, not Zodoc :)

Sly DC said...

Hi Martin!

Thanks very much! That is why i'm doing the simulator: to preserve for historical and gaming purpose. I also hope that i will find/get the missing resources to finish this project and hoping that someone could contribute to these missing resources. =)

Sly DC said...

Hi Jose,

Thank you very much! Looks like you found the problem compatibility in about a day. great to hear that you enjoy the OdySim as well as any retro gaming! =)

Sly DC said...

Oups! Sorry! My mistake! Shows that i'm not perfect LOL!!=)

Zadoc said...

It's okay. Kind of a running joke. I was just kidding. ;)

I was playing it in OdySim, and I think there's a bug. On real hardware the last player to touch the ball has control over the english. In OdySim only one player has control all of the time.

Sly DC said...

Hi there Robert, thanks for the info about the bug. I'll look into it once i dig up my Odyssey since it's packed away until i move (in about 3 weeks). That's the major thing about a simulator (or emulator) and the real thing, it's not always works. ;)